Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mother - Daughter Retreat

Before the baby comes we squeezed in a fun overnighter! We stayed close to home just in case.
We had dinner at a place close by, Logan's Road house.
One of these things is not like the other. . .
My little bother decided to come crash the girls only party. (Next year we aren't going to tell him where we are.) However, we didn't mind having Ella come to play.
We even got him to model the craft apron my older sister made for my mom.
I was trying to get a good picture of my neice, but couldn't resist getting a picture of Shelly's attempts at getting her to smile.
I finally figured out the trick to bonding with Ella. Popcorn! She sat all cozy and relaxed as long as I kept the popcorn coming.
Spending time with my wonderful mom and sisters was my favorite part of the weekend, but getting an uninterrupted nights sleep was a close second.
At home I have a treadmill. So exercising in public hasn't been on my mind. I always wear my maternity back/belly band over my clothes so it isn't right up against my skin. My sister and I decided to go workout before check out. I put my belt on over my clothes without thinking. Shelly couldn't stop laughing.
My mom suggested that she take a turn. I tried to hide my belly. Too bad her shirt was white. But I love her lumpy belly!
For lunch we went to Fuddruckers.
We ended our fun with movies at Mom's house where my Dad set up the projector.
It was a wonderful much needed break. I love getting my mommy battery recharged!

6 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I want to join in, that looks like so much fun, I doubt I could ever do that on my side! Lucky girls!!!

LoriKaye said...

Didn't we have FUN!!! I am glad we fit it in BEFORE our new baby -

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! lol! I can't believe you put those pictures on! That's it! I'm going to get even! :) Just you wait and watch out for my blog! he! he!

Alana said...

I love your family... and I don't even know them! :) I'm glad you got a fun/restful break before the new little one. I can't wait to know what the sex is!!

Maranda Whittle said...

Awh, I love those kind of Vacations!!

Lynette said...

HOW FUN!!!! I was telling Chris last night that i wanted to plan a getaway for my mom and sisters.
i can't believe how close you are to having the baby! Can't wait to see what you have!!

Love all your updates. Wish we could come down to AZ while you are here...would love to see everyone!