Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nate's Sprinkle and Visiting Rosa (2 of 5)

Let me explain what a Sprinkle is and who Nate is. My cute little sister, Maryann, is getting married in March to . . . Nate Cook. And a Sprinkle is a grooms version of a bridal shower. When my bother Nathan (this is going to be confusing) got married his in laws threw him a sprinkle. It was so fun that my family decided to do it as well!

Maryann and Nate, the happy couple!
The funnest part of the evening was when Nate had to answer questions about Maryann. If he got them right he got. . . a kiss.
If he got the answer wrong. . . he got sprayed (or at least he was supposed to. Maryann did want to get him wet, so she sprayed the wall behind him, chicken!)
The last two questions are the same at every Sprinkle. Who impressed you the most when you first met: Maryann or her Dad? Before he answers my dad pulled out his Super Soaker. (The right answer is of course is her Dad.) The final question is: Who is your favorite brother in law? Before he answers all the brother in laws pull out their Super Soakers or Nerf gun! (Not sure what the right answer is.)

Grandma and Grandpa Hopkins left the next morning.
So did Uncle Allen.
When we go to Arizona we always stop in and see Rosa. She is the boys Latin Grandma! She owns a dry cleaners and the boys love playing in the back. (As a side note: Today, in New Jersey, we went to Staples and the boys found a pin and said this belongs to Rosa!)
The boys had fun being swung by Manuel.
Rosa even got a dance with Owen.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

What a cute idea to do a "sprinkle". I will have to remember that. I love all your new posts! Cute family!

Cathy Duffy said...

wow! looks like you had a lot of fun. Jaren has grown up so much. I still remember him as this tiny little baby. i guess it's been a while since i've seen you guys!

Tooele Brezoff said...

It is fun to look at the photos and read about your trip home, The sprinkle sounds like fun! Your dad armed with a super soaker is just trouble!

Kelly said...

I've never heard of a "sprinkle" before! Maybe I'll get in touch with you when one of my younger siblings gets married and try it out!

Davis said...

Congrats to Maryann...that is awesome!!!

Erin Wittwer said...

Owen and Rosa look about the same height! I love the sprinkle idea, way funny! I hope we get to see you guys at least one more time before you are out of here! We'll come down to you guys this time!

Jessica Steed said...

Maddy,
The Sprinkle is a cute idea. My lil sis is getting married. We should do one for him! (he would die, I'm sure)

Those are darling photos, btw.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Ok, so laughing about the sprinkle! That's awesome! What a fun idea :) Did they really get him with super soakers?!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Congrats to your sister! I'm sure it was nice to come to AZ for some sunshine and warmer weather. It's always fun to come home. Your boys are so cute!

Meghan and Randy said...

A sprinkle sounds really fun! It's nice to have traditions like that in your family that no one else really does. It was great seeing you guys here! I love the picture of Lloyd and the boys wearing their "nacho libre" masks! You and Maryann look very much alike.

Nicole said...

LOVE the idea of the "sprinkle". mikel was a little sad that there wasn't a party for him...he was thinking tools would be cool since i got to open all of the home/kitchen stuff. :) i think the spray bottle is funny and the super soakers are even funnier...i think i'll have to copy your idea one of these days!!!
love that you guys have adopted your some extra g'pas. how cute is that? :)...maybe almost as cute as your kids! :)

Heather Curnutt said...

I think a "sprinkle" is a great idea--and yes, Maryann is a chicken :) Congrats to her!